I am a strong supporter of the right of the people to keep and bear arms.
- Gun ownership is a fundamental right further protected by the US Constitution and Texas Constitution. I believe that legislation that is designed to restrict basic freedoms must be based in facts and not an emotional reaction to tragic events.
- I will advocate in favor of the right of all persons to defend and arm themselves, their schools and places of worship.
- Incumbent State Representative John Bucy voted:
- AGAINST SB 535 Authorizing Handguns on the Premises of Places of Worship
- AGAINST HB 1143 Authorizing Storage and Transportation of Firearms in School Parking Areas
- AGAINST HB 1387 Authorizing Law Enforcement Officers to Carry on School Property